Updated 10 March 2019
Some evidence of our slightly dodgy DIY paint job on the walls and skirting boards aside, the second double bedroom looks pretty much how we’d planned for it look.
I finally got to make use of that string shelf/desk unit languishing in the cupboard (which now looks like a shrine to nerdishness) and that CB2 laundry basket that I dragged back with me from New York has pride of place in the corner.
I’m quite pleased with the Eames DSW chair: we managed to improve it by replacing the cheap plastic shell with a much nicer fibreglass Modernica shell from the SCP sale (I’d recommend looking out for these as our one was a bargain). The only thing that gives away the base of the chair as a fake now are the silver bolts – maybe a black Sharpie will do the trick?
30 December 2018
This is the other double bedroom. It’s a decent size but previously contained an enormous freestanding wardrobe and chest of drawers which took up most of the space.
We decided to copy the layout in these photos of the same room in another house on the estate, ripping out the freestanding wardrobe in order to put the bed in its place.
I was also determined to make use of that full length String wall panel that I bought from a sample sale in 2014 but never had any room for so we’ll be installing a desk unit on the wall next to the window.
The room is currently in a stripped back, replastered state with the new radiator installed unobtrusively behind the door. It just needs to be painted in (yet more) white paint, carpeted and then we can start moving in the furniture.
1. String work desk unit
2. Studio bed frame from now defunct bed retailer Warren Evans recycled from my current flat
3. CB2 Parkay laundry basket that I somehow managed to carry back with me from New York
4. Porcini Lamp from Habitat recycled from my partner’s current flat
5. Modernica George Nelson bubble lamp recycled from my current flat
6. Fake Eames DSW chair recycled from my current flat
7. Marimekko patterned bedding recycled from my current flat
8. Fake Eames occasional table (to be used as a bedside table) recycled from my partner’s current flat
9. Textured Kersaint Cobb carpet in Morning Frost